The intelligent smart metering system
Gridstream HES is an interoperable Head End System that provides a communication and data collection layer between the smart meter infrastructure and the utility’s IT systems. The system enables secure communication to the metering infrastructure, and is interoperable with third-party devices based on IDIS standards.
Gridstream HES provides not only standard smart metering information for Metering Data Management (MDM) and Customer Interaction Systems (CIS), but also advanced features to support network monitoring. Versatile power quality information can be provided to Distribution Management Systems (DMS) allowing the system to send alarms on interruptions and malfunctions. Additionally, it can be used to shape the loads in the network through relay control functionality, and is built for efficient communication network management, providing transparent information on the system status and efficient tools for troubleshooting.
The system is designed using common communication standards and protocols as well as standardized and widely used technologies, which ensure the system’s usability, compatibility and adaptability also in the future.
- Accurate real-time energy consumption, event and power quality information to business and network management systems
- Access to Landis+Gyr’s state-of-the-art metering range from utility’s IT systems (MDM, CIS, DMS)
- Scalable solution from piloting to large smart metering systems
- Applications to support efficient metering infrastructure management
- Future-proof solution: standard interfaces to meters (IDIS, DLMS) and other systems (IEC 61968-9)